Blooma is a web-based platform that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) to automate the underwriting process and allows CRE professionals to evaluate (and close) more deals in less time. We’re looking for an AI Scientist to help automate information retrieval and forecasting for commercial real estate lenders. In this role, you’ll apply Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning technologies to assist in financial processes such as data extraction from unstructured documents, as well as forecasting outcomes for complex financial deals.
You should be interested in building a product from scratch and excited about working with private data. A strong background in Data Science/CS/AI or software engineering/quantitative field with additional specialization in machine learning is required.
- Build and deploy NLP/ML models for data extraction from multiple unstructured and semi-structured documents
- Process large quantities of complex data and forecast financial outcomes of long-term deals
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to discuss and design new products, features and enhancements
Required Education & Experience
- M.S. or Ph D in Computer Science (or relevant field) with a focus on NLP or Machine Learning
- 5+ years of NLP/ML experience (e.g., Entity Extraction, Topic Modeling, Text Classification)
- Proven experience in building industry strength systems
- Proven experience in processing large sets of data
- Experience in Java is mandatory
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus